It’s a been a while since we’ve done this…here are your mediocre athlete’s born on May 20th:
- Austin Kearns (MLB): A .258 career hitter with just over 100 career home runs.
- Todd Stottlemyre (MLB): Stuck around for 14 big league seasons and finished with an ERA+ of 100. He’s 45 today.
- Ruben Boumtje-Boumtje (NBA): One of the greater names in NBA history, Ruben is a seven-footer from Cameroon with 43 points in 44 career games. Brutal.
- Hal Newhouser (MLB): Newhouser was not mediocre, winning back-to-back MVPs with the Detroit Tigers in the 1940s. Dude’s a Hall of Famer and an absolute stud.
- Sadaharu Oh (Japanese Baseball): Not only is the guy mentioned in a Beastie Boys lyric, he has 868 career home runs and once had 55 in a single season, both records in Japan. He is turning 70.
- Joe Cocker (musician): Cocker turns 66 today. He’s mediocre as a music-man.
- Cher (musiciain): Ughhhh.
- Bronson Pinchot (actor): He played Balki Bartokmous on the 1980s sitcom, Perfect Strangers. Not sure what he’s up to today.
- Bustah Rhymes (rapper): Mr. Buster Rhymes is 38 years young.