This post will be done in list form. Dig it.
- Ricky Proehl was the definition of a journeyman. The wideout played for six different teams, seven if you count the Phoenix Cardinals and the Arizona Cardinals.
- He played 17 seasons in the NFL and never made a Pro Bowl.
- Proehl was a winner, playing in four Super Bowls and winning two rings.
- Still holds numerous receiving records at Wake Forest University.
- Caught two game-tying touchdowns in Super Bowl games. Ironically, his team lost both games.
- During his career (1990-2006) Proehl caught 669 balls, 23rd most in the NFL over that time period.
- Caught TDs delivered from 16 different QBs, including a punter. These QBs range from the great (Kurt Warner), the good (Steve Beurerline and Marc Bulger), the bad (Steve Bono) and the hilarious (Rick Mirer).
- One of only five players in NFL history to have a 100 yard receiving game after turning 37 years old. The other players? Jerry Rice (Hall of Famer), Tim Brown (9-time Pro Bowler), Charlie Joiner (HoF), and Don Maynard (HoF). Wow. Wow.
- Has a son named Blake and a daughter named Alex. They are clearly named after the writers of this website.